Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What makes the difference?
- The special experience of living on the water + lounging outside and relax or sit on the floating terrace for an enjoyable meal overlooking the canal.
FAQ Houseboat properties
Are there any limitations in comfort connected to the houseboat?
- Not at all. The Blue Wave is isolated and well heated. In summerdays with a lot of sun on the flat black roof there is an airco for cooling.
How safe is the houseboat to stay in?
- As safe as in a house! Under normal circumstances you can't get into the water, gas closes automatically by eventual leakage and electricity is shielded for babies and very young children.
How stable is the houseboat? Do I feel any movement on the water?
- Not at all! The houseboat floats on a 75 m2 congrete square casco and has 30.000 kg. weight. On top of that is strongly tied to the quay with steel cables. You will not feel any movement.
FAQ Inclusions in price
What are the inclusions in the prices?
- Breakfast is included, like a welcome fruit basket, fresh flowers and a map of Amsterdam City Centre. All taxes are included too.
What facilities does the Blue Wave Houseboat have?
- Full bath, bathtub, warm water, cell phone hot spot, DVD player, cable TV and even FREE internet access!
How centrally located is Blue Wave Houseboat?
- A five minute walk from this wonderful Bed and Breakfast takes to the heart of Amsterdam. Blue Wave lies in a quiet and peaceful part of Amsterdam - with the city centre only 3 blocks away! Dam Square and Central Station are 20 - 25 minutes walk or 10 minutes by tram, the Vondelpark is 10 minutes walk. Museums like van Gogh and Rijksmuseum are 5 minutes by tram.
How good is Blue Wave to reach?
- The houseboat is 15 minutes from Central Station, 45 minutes from Schiphol Airport, easy reach by car with a long stay parking lot at 5 minutes walking distance. For exploring Amsterdam public traffic, like trams and buses are around the corner.
Is smoking permitted within the premises?
- Smoking is only allowed in the outside areas, like the terrace, except (soft) drugs.
Am I allowed to bring in my pets into the Blue Wave?
- Because of reasons of properness for guests who may be allergic to hairs of small animals. we prefer to keep the houseboat free of pets.
What are the rules on receiving people on the houseboat?
- You are requested to ask your host for permission if you would like to receive other persons, also when visiting during the day.
How do I make a reservations on Blue Wave Houseboat?
- First take up contact by phone or e-mail: phone: + 31 (0)65 066 77 60
email: firstname.lastname@example.org to check availabilty in the period of your preference. Reservation, booking and payment conditions are then exchanged by e-mail.